I write in community.
As with all other projects, particularly community-based work, I consult with several readers before the final work is published. Since I am very new to wine writing, I am relying on Black women wine professionals along with several collaborators who can offer critical input as I develop the Mother Vines book project.
Thank you to those below who have agreed to review this work and offer recommendations from their areas of expertise. I invite you to get to know their work as you get to know mine. Cheers!
- Kanika Bell, PhD, Clark Atlanta University/ATL Psychotherapy https://www.atlpsychology.com/dr-bell-and-dr-hayes
- Monique Bell, PhD, CSU Fresno www.moniquebell.com
- Nsenga Burton, PhD, Emory University http://filmandmedia.emory.edu/people/faculty/burton-nsenga.html
- Julia Coney, Black Wine Professionals https://www.juliaconey.com/
- Iris Duplantier-Rideau, Winery Owner https://rideauvineyard.com/who-we-are/
- Sheila Flemming, PhD, Black Rose Foundation http://blackrosefoundation.org/founders.html
- Melody Fuller, Oakland Wine Festivalhttp://oaklandwinefestival.com/?page_id=183
- Tahiirah Habibi, Hue Society https://thehuesociety.com/about/
- Marcia Jones, Documentary Filmmaker, Journey Between the Vines https://www.urbanconnoisseurs.com/marcia-jones.html
- Shakera Jones, Black Girls Dine Too https://www.blackgirlsdinetoo.com/about
- Angela McCrae, Uncorked & Cultured https://www.blackgirlsdinetoo.com/about
- Sarah Pierre, 3 Parks Wine https://3parkswine.com/
- Tonya Pitts, Sommelier and Wine Judge https://www.tonyapitts.com/about
- Marvina Robinson, Stuyvesant Champagne https://www.stuyvesantchampagne.com/
- Regine Rousseau, Shall We Wine https://www.shallwewine.com/about/
- Fern Stroud, Black Vines https://www.blackvines.net/about